New print available
Also known as: The Orthodox Cathedral, Saborna crkva, Saborna Crkva Sv. Arhangela Mihaila
The Cathedral Church of St. Michael the Archangel is one of the most important and most beautiful churches in Belgrade, located in the central Kosančićev Venac neighborhood, overlooking the Sava port. It’s Bell tower is visible from most parts of New Belgrade, as well as from the Sava shores to the south.
The cathedral was built from 1837 to 1840 by order of prince Miloš Obrenović, in the style of classicism with late baroque elements. It’s interior is richly decorated with one of the most beautifully painted ceilings of all Serbian churches.
The Patriarchate palace of the Serbian Orthodox church is located across the street from the cathedral and it’s home to the Library and Museum of Serbian Orthodox Church, as well as an ecclesiastic art academy.
30x45cm Fuji finest silk paper.